- Identify the educational needs of pharmacists practicing in community pharmacy, health systems, ambulatory care, or other practice areas.
- Identify and deliver educational content of value to alumni, pharmacy preceptors, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy educators.
- Identify and deliver educational content to pharmacists in the areas of emerging practice issues, disease state management and pharmacotherapy.
- Provide a means for pharmacists to receive state-mandated CPE credits for licensure.
This home study training program is accepted by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy as required training for pharmacists to prescribe hormonal contraception (pills, patch, ring, injection, and emergency contraception) per statewide protocol. This program includes background, review of methods, protocol procedures, patient education, service implementation, resources for both pharmacists and patients, and payment for pharmacist services.
Earn up to 3 contact hours (0.3 CEUs) of ACPE-accredited continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit.
Shenandoah University is co-marketing this event. Participants who are interested in completing this program must register and pay at https://birthcontrolpharmacist.com/va/
- Pharmacists $150
- Pharmacy students/others $100
- Pharmacy technicians $60