The mission of the Office of Continuing Education at the Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy is to provide quality continuing education and promote continued professional development for pharmacists and technicians in order to improve the skills and knowledge needed to advance pharmacy practice and enhance patient outcomes.
The goals of the Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Education activities are to:
- Identify the current educational needs of pharmacists.
- Develop educational activities related to the identified needs that enable pharmacists to apply knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values to become healthcare professionals who provide high-quality patient-centered pharmaceutical care.
- Provide pharmacists with educational opportunities in the areas of emerging practice issues, disease state management, and pharmacotherapy.
- Deliver educational activities that foster pharmacy preceptor training and development, and that assess the effectiveness of clinical experience activities.
- Increase alumni participation in both live and home study continuing pharmacy education activities
To register for a LIVE event, select the LIVE tab below and the corresponding program.
To register for a WEBINAR or HOME-STUDY program, select the DISTANCE* tab below and the corresponding program.
*Programs designated with NTDP are reserved for current students of the Nontraditional Pharm.D. Program
Virginia Pharmacist Contraception Services Training Program - Online Home Study Course
This home study training program is accepted by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy as required training for pharmacists to prescribe hormonal contraception (pills, patch, ring, injection, and emergency contraception) per statewide protocol. This program includes background, review of methods, protocol procedures, patient education, service implementation, resources for both pharmacists and patients, and payment for pharmacist services.
Earn up to 3 contact hours (0.3 CEUs) of ACPE-accredited continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit.
Shenandoah University is co-marketing this event. Participants who are interested in completing this program must register and pay at https://birthcontrolpharmacist.com/va/
- Pharmacists $150
- Pharmacy students/others $100
- Pharmacy technicians $60