Date: May 25, 2017 05:30 PM - 06:30 PM
Registration closes on May 25, 2017 05:00 PM
Shenandoah University Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
Participants must complete the following to receive credit:
1. Register to attend the event through Learning ExpressCE by May 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM EST.
2. Attend the entire activity
3. Complete all relevant learning assessments
4. Complete an activity evaluation form
Registration closes on May 25, 2017
at 05:00 PM
Registration closes on May 25, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Updated guidelines for HAP/VAP
- Differentiate risk factors for multi-drug resistant pathogens, including MRSA and pseudomonas, and be able to apply these concepts to a patient case
- Offer a comprehensive treatment strategy for hospital-acquired pneumonia and ventilator-associated pneumonia to include choice of antibiotic and duration of therapy
- Utilize a hospital antibiogram to tailor antibiotic therapy according to guideline recommendations
- Discuss potential future recommendations for treatment of healthcare-associated pneumonia
Amanda Shifflett, PharmD
Brief Bio : Dr. Amanda Shifflett is a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at Winchester Medical Center in Winchester, VA and Warren Memorial Hospital in Front Royal, VA. Her professional interests include internal medicine, critical care, ambulatory care, and medical missions. Dr.Shifflett completed her pre-requisite coursework for pharmacy school at Lord Fairfax Community College, then obtained her Doctorate of Pharmacy from Shenandoah University in May of 2016. She is a member of Rho Chi, Phi Lambda Sigma, and Phi Delta Chi.
Time: 05:30 PM - 06:30 PM
Health Professions Bldg (Winchester)