Date: Mar 25, 2018 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Mar 24, 2018 09:00 AM
Requirements for CE Credit
To receive credit the following items must be completed
- Pay for the program through www.virginiapharmacists.org
Register for the event through supharmacy.learningexpressce.com
Attend the entire live activity
Complete all relevant learning assessments
Complete an activity evaluation through supharmacy.learningexpressce.com
For those participants who have met the eligibility criteria stipulated above, participant information will be uploaded to CPE Monitor by May 26, 2018.
- Define SBIRT and understand the rationale for universal screening.
- Define at-risk and dependence levels of alcohol, prescription drug and illicit drug use.
- Distinguish between patients who may benefit from a brief intervention for substance misuse/abuse and those who need referral to specialized treatment.
- Describe how misuse and abuse may interfere with medications and cause/exacerbate comorbidities.
- Define motivational interviewing and identify techniques to help patients change.
- Identify resources for referral for substance use disorders in provider's location.
- Develop ways to incorporate SBIRT into current practice and identify ways to bill for services provided.
- Demonstrate how to screen for substance use disorders and provide a brief intervention for patients using motivational interviewing techniques.